Armor is a physical form of defense (as opposed to shields, which are an energy barrier). Armor is the last barrier between your fragile person and any weapons being fired at you. It will, to a point, serve to keep your ship from being destroyed after your shields are breached. There are many types of armor, whose availability depends on which type of ship you have and which government you work for.
Armor has one major weakness: unlike shields, armor does not repair itself (except on Polaris ships). If you depend on armor for survival, you may find yourself at a serious disadvantage to an opponent whose shields are recharging.
- Anti-Asteroid Armor-used in trading ships and passenger ships.
- Will come in package with ship.
- Light Combat Armor-Used in fighters and in Medium ships.
- Capital Ship Armor-Used on all capital ships; designed to safely sustain heavy fire.
- Polaris Bio-Regenerative Armor-Used in Polaris Ships.
- Armor Recharge Increasers-If a ship is disabled, these bring it back online.