|Federation E-41 Destroyer|
|Requirements||Rank of Federation Ambassador|
|Energy capacity||3 jumps or 300 units|
|Total mass||800 tons|
|Free space||50 tons|
|Cargo space||50 tons|
|Gun hard-points||Maximum of 4|
|Turret hard-points||Maximum of 4|
|Standard armament||2 Medium Blaster Turrets, 2 Medium Blasters 2 Light Blasters, 2 Quad Light Blaster Turrets, 4 IR Missile Launchers|
|Included outfits||Military Radar Jammer, Military IR Jammer (Occassionally the Civilian Radar Jammer)|
The Federation Destroyer was developed to cope with the defense of an ever-changing frontier. Capable of quickly responding to an incursion and equipped with versatile weapons to meet a wide range of foes, the E-41 was dubbed the 'guard-dog' of the Federation. Effective as a peace-keeper during the time of expansion, the E-41 is now nearly obsolete as a primary weapons platform.
The Destroyer has several variants, each of which has different abilites and armament.
- Destroyer Class: This is the type available in the shipyard. It carries four IR Missile Launchers and 80 missiles, 2 Light Blasters, and 2 Medium Blaster Turrets, 2 Medium Blasters, and 2 Quad Light Blaster Turrets.
- Missile Variant: This version carries 1 Quad Light Blaster Turret, 3 Heavy Blaster Turrets, 4 Radar Missile Launchers, 2 Medium Blasters, and 2 Raven Rocket Turrets.
- Heavy Missile Variant: This type carries 2 Medium Blasters, 2 Heavy Blaster Turrets, 2 Quad Light Blaster Turrets, 2 EMP Torpedo Tubes and 10 ammo, and 2 Hellhound Missile Launchers and 20 ammo.
- Auroran Outfits Detected: This type has 4 Quad Light Blaster Turrets, 2 Light Blaster Turrets, 2 Fusion Pulse Cannons, and 4 Raven Rocket Turrets.
- Carrier Variant: This has 2 Medium Blasters, 2 Heavy Blaster Turrets, 2 Quad Light Blaster Turrets, and a Federation Viper Bay with a trio of Federation Vipers.
- If you have any gameplay tips, hints, or background information relevant to this topic, please post them here.
The Destroyer is not the best ship for the player; it's only good uses are as a missile escort or cannon fodder. Problems with flying a Destroyer lie mainly in its ridiculously low speed and the fact that you cannot turn it when it is fully ionized.
But when modified, the Federation Destroyer can become a very capable warship. If a Heavy Missile Variant is uppgraded with all the Engine Upgrades plus the Sigma Electrical Rewiring and you throw in a couple of Hail Chaingun, it will become a more capable killing platform.