|"Federation" G-32 Patrol Boat|
|Requirements||Military Approval (early Federation string|
|Energy capacity||6 jumps or 600 units|
|Total mass||95 tons|
|Free space||60 tons|
|Cargo space||25 tons|
|Gun hard-points||Maximum of 5|
|Turret hard-points||Maximum of 2|
|Standard armament||5 Medium Blasters, 4 Raven Rocket Pods & 60 ammo|
|Included outfits||Afterburner, Military IR Jammer|
The concept of a fast boat with more firepower than a fighter and more speed than a capital ship has been around for the last millennium. The latest incarnation of this ideal is the Federation Patrol Boat. Named for the patrol boats that guarded Australia and the Pacific islands during World War II and beyond, the patrol boat is packed with anti-fighter weaponry. It's often used as a picket ship in fleet duty, or in its primary role as a patrol vessel in the outer territories.
- Gunboat Class: The standard version shown here.
- Heavily Armed Variant: Better acceleration; thicker defenses; armed with 2 Light Blaster Turrets, 2 Raven Rocket Pods, 1 Quad Light Blaster Turret, 2 Light Blasters, and 2 Hellhound Missile Launchers.
- Auroran Outfits Detected: Faster, but less maneuverable; armed with 3 Fusion Pulse Cannons and 2 Raven Rocket Turrets.
- Close-Quarters Variant: More agile than Gunboat Class; better defenses than Heavily Armed Variant; armed with 3 Medium Blaster Turrets and 2 Ion Cannons.
- If you have any gameplay tips, hints, or background information relevant to this topic, please post them here.
One way to upgrade a normal Fed Patrol Boat is to sell all the stock weapons then buy Hellhound Missiles and Fusion Pulse Cannons.
A pure close-combat variant uses four Thunderhead Lances and one or more Ionic Particle Beam Cannons to deal large amounts of damage at short range.
But if you prefer having fighters, sell ALL of the standard weapons then buy a Thunderhead bay, three Thunderheads, and four thunderhead lances.
This ship is good, however its hull is light; it might be good to buy some carbon fiber or FPC's, or maybye even a few hail chainguns or TH lances to counteract the Abomination's FPC batteries, or in some variant's case, railguns.