Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Requirements||Capital Ships License, Capital Warships License, Heavy Weapons License, Missile Weapons License|
|Energy capacity||2 jumps or 200 units|
|Total mass||650 tons|
|Free space||50 tons|
|Cargo space||250 tons|
|Gun hard-points||Maximum of 4|
|Turret hard-points||Maximum of 4|
|Standard armament||2 Medium Blaster Turrets, 1 Raven Rocket Turret +100 ammo|
The IDA Frigate was the primary capital warship of the Colonial Council before the destruction of the hypergate system, and instrumental in the defense of the core worlds against the Aurorans. The ships were built to last; the spaceframe itself is compartmented and component-based, and, like the Leviathan, it is virtually indestructible. Don't expect this to protect you if you're on the bridge, however. Poor shields, excellent armor, and the brutal Impact Drive Assemblies (hence IDA) are all mainstays of this vessel.
- 350 NC: Version shown here to the right.
- 1150 NC: Quite big difference in firepower compared to the standard version. Also has increased armor and shields, and a slightly higher acceleration. Armed with 4 Medium Blaster Turrets, 4 Raven Rocket Turrets, and 4 Light Blasters.
- 1160 NC: A straight improvement of the 1150 NC, featuring an increase in pretty much every stat, including top speed. Armed with 3 Heavy Blaster Turrets, 2 Radar Missile Launchers, 2 200mm Railguns, and 1 Quad Light Blaster Turret.
- 1170 NC: Slightly less armor than the previous version, but this is compensated by an even higher top speed, as well as a increased armament. Armed with 2 Heavy Blaster Turrets, 3 Radar Missile Launchers, 4 200mm Fixed Railguns, and 2 Quad Light Blaster Turrets.
- If you have any gameplay tips, hints, or background information relevant to this topic, please post them here.
The stock IDA Frigate is a short-range vessel, but you can add batteries and auxiliary power sources to extend its hyperjump range. This ship can be encountered in a number of variants, including a Rebel version.
The IDA Frigate also has a large cargo space - 250 tons. While this is not much compared to some freighters, the IDA is well-equipped to fight off would-be pirates.
The IDA frigate can be a good ship for asteroid mining in dangerous territory. Because the ship is relatively narrow, it is long, so it needs to be turned sideways in order to collect the mini-asteroids released. When turned sideways, it is actually wider than the Asteroid Miner.
The IDA frigate cannot be turned when completely ionized.
With all Sigma Shipyards upgrades and mass exchanges, and when loaded with weapons and shield upgrades, it is a capable warship