A mission string (a.k.a. thread or storyline) is a series of missions offered to a pilot by one of the governments, corporations, or other entities in the game. Typically, mission strings will begin with simple tasks such as pickup and delivery, then progress to more difficult and dangerous undertakings such as capture or destruction of ships. Mission strings are generally divided into major or minor categories, depending on the number and nature of tasks required. A player may undertake a number of minor strings, often simultaneously, but acceptance of a major string prevents that pilot from undertaking any other major string.
Here is a EVN walkthrough for all mission threads:
- A-track (lower tech)
- B-track (higher tech)
- Rebel Track I
- Rebel Track II
- Federation Forced
- Pirate Off-shoot
These minor mission strings do not lead to the end of the game, but they may lead into a major string. Also, they may or may not lock the player out of a major string.
- Wild Geese - can lead to the Pirate or Auroran string, but may lock out other strings
- Bounty Hunter - can lead to the Auroran, Federation, or Rebel string
These mission strings have no effect on major storylines, but may be affected by them.
- Barry's Tutorial
- Cunjo Hunt
- Escort Debris Field band
- Kontik Space Probe Launch
- Sigma Shipyards
- Temmin Shard
- Nirvana Terraforming and Stellar Engineering
- United Shipping
- If you have any gameplay tips, hints, or background information relevant to this topic, please post them here.