|Federation E-41 Destroyer (Rebel Upgrade)|
|Requirements||Middle Rebellion string|
|Energy capacity||3 jumps or 300 units|
|Total mass||800 tons|
|Free space||75 tons|
|Cargo space||50 tons|
|Gun hard-points||Maximum of 6|
|Turret hard-points||Maximum of 3|
|Standard armament||2 Quad Light Blaster Turrets, 2 Gravimetric Missile Launchers & 30 ammo, 4 Medium Blasters, 2 Raven Rocket Turrets & 90 ammo|
|Included outfits||Rebel IR Jammer, Rebel Radar Jammer|
General Smart has been pulling his hair out over the Rebellion's perpetual shortage of ships. He recently masterminded the theft of several Federation Destroyers from the breaker yards. The ships are so old, however, that it was difficult upgrading them to Gen. Smart's and Donald Chick's exacting standards, and they have had to make do with gross tweaks to the engines and defenses. Nevertheless, the E-41 serves as the backbone of the Rebel fleet.
The Rebel Destroyer comes in as many variants as its progenitor.
- Destroyer Class: The standard shipyard model shown here.
- Heavy Destroyer Class: Slower but more maneuverable; stronger defenses; 1 Heavy Blaster Turret, 2 200mm Railguns, and 2 Hellhound Missile Launchers added to armament.
- Super Heavy Destroyer Class: Slower but more maneuverable; even stronger defenses; armament consists of 3 Quad Light Blaster Turrets, 2 Gravimetric Missile Launchers, 2 Medium Blasters, 2 Raven Rocket Turrets, 1 Bio-Relay Laser, 2 200mm Railguns, 1 Light Blaster, and 1 Wraith Cannon
- Carrier Class: Faster and more maneuverable than the Destroyer Class; stronger defenses than Destroyer Class; armament consists of 2 Quad Light Blaster Turrets, 2 Gravimetric Missile Launchers, 4 Medium Blasters, 2 Raven Turrets, and 4 Rebel Viper Bays with five Rebel Vipers of assorted types.
- If you have any gameplay tips, hints, or background information relevant to this topic, please post them here.
There is a fabled version of the Rebel Destroyer known as the Super Heavy Destroyer Class II. A ship with this variant name does not exist in an unmodified version of Nova. It was "introduced" in Ship Variants 1.06 when the author, for reasons unknown, distinguished the Super Heavy with the cloak from the one without by making it a "Class II".
Like the Dragon variant, the Carrier variant of the Rebel Destroyer carries 4 Rebel Viper bays, which when removed, frees up 200 tons of expansion room. This is very nice for a player who has or can accumulate huge sums of money to upgrade it, but doesn't change the fact that despite all that room, it's still rather unwieldly.
Properly upgraded, the Carrier variant can have a very formidable weapons platform, and trumps any federation technology vessel save the Unrelenting, which is really Pirate tech.