Spacedocks are permanent stations of the Federation navy and its affiliated mercenary forces, designed to provide bases of operation against border incursions by the Auroran Empire, Rebellion, and Pirates. (Other governments operate such stations, but they have somewhat different purposes and are known by a variety of names.) There are six spacedocks, five of which are operated by the Navy and one by the mercenary force known as the Wild Geese. Spacedocks are analogous to frontier forts -- they are intended to be the last outpost of "civilization." This means that any pilot in good standing with the Federation may take advantage of spacedock facilities.
There are six known Federation spacedocks.
- Spacedock I in the Gateway system.
- Spacedock II in the Tichel system.
- Spacedock III in the Alphara system.
- Spacedock IV in the Nesre Primus system.
- Spacedock V in the Nesre Secundus system.
- Spacedock VI in the Kerella system.
- If you have any gameplay tips, hints, or background information relevant to this topic, please post them here.
The early Federation missions involve delivering various cargo to the spacedocks.