|Energy capacity||400 units or 4 jumps|
|Total mass||175 tons|
|Free space||15 tons|
|Cargo space||125 tons|
|Gun hard-points||Maximum of 2|
|Turret hard-points||Maximum of 1|
|Standard armament||Medium Blaster|
|Included outfits||None included|
The poor, sluggish, pug-ugly Terrapin is the mainstay of the galactic freight-hauling fleet. It is the classic example of form following function -- you need to design a ship to haul 125 tons of cargo as cheaply as possible, you end up with the Terrapin. It is one of the slowest ships that exists in the known galaxy and the butt of jokes of many star captains.
- Standard: The version shown here.
- Upgraded Engines: Slightly more responsive engines; worse defenses; armed with 2 Light Blasters and a Light Blaster Turret.
- Upgraded Shielding: Less powerful engines; stronger defenses; armed with 2 Medium Blasters and a Quad Light Blaster Turret.
- There are also two used Terrapins available in the shipyards.
- If you have any gameplay tips, hints, or background information relevant to this topic, please post them here.
Believe it or not, there are pirates who fly this ship. (Perhaps a Terrapin was all they could steal.) Should you see one flying the black flag, you can attempt to board and capture it, of course, but take care when you attack it -- the difference between disabling and destroying it is minimal due to its relatively poor armour.