A Total Conversion, or TC, is a plug-in that replaces the stock scenario with an entirely new one. Total Conversions are often huge and always sport new ships, graphics, sounds, weapons, missions, outfits, and much much more. In other words, a total conversion plug-in is essentially a whole new game. While there are a plethora of total conversions for Escape Velocity and Escape Velocity Override, Escape Velocity Nova has very few, only seven to be exact (with Acheron being the newest one), that have been released, with many in development. The reason for this is that the Nova engine is much more complicated and a total conversion the size of the stock Nova scenario takes at least a year to make. Because of a little thing called real life, it will more often than not take much longer. Most TC projects become vaporware (meaning it is never completed), while others do not even get that far.
List of completed total conversionsEdit
- Acheron by Crusader Alpha
- Ashen Galaxy by grayshirtninja
- Colosseum by JoshTigerheart
- Escape Velocity Classic by Ambrosia Software
- Escape Velocity Override by Ambrosia Software
- EVN Paintball by Nil'kimas 
- Miners by Arion 
- Polycon by AnubisTTP 
- Teacup TC by Edwards
These TCs can be downloaded from the Nova Add-ons Page.
List of TCs in developmentEdit
- ~ A P O P H I S ~ by Yoda Almighty and Geek.
- Babylon 5
- Delphi by Sol 
- Escape Velocity: Eon by King_of_manticores 
- EVNoir by Hamster 
- EV Nova: United Galactic Federation by StarSword
- EVN: Phoenix by Lunar Productions 
- Escape Velocity: Nova: Starcraft by 0101181920
- Firefly by Lindley 
- Frozen Heart 2 by Martin Turner (initially released for Escape Velocity and Escape Velocity Override) Frozen Heart Graphic Novel 
- Genesis 
- KFL by rmx256
- Open Source TC by various authors.
- Retribution 
- Sephil Saga  by CWS Software
- Space Opera  by Angelwell Productions
- Starfleet Adventures by Uncle Twitchy, Dr. Trowel, Pace and others 
- Stargate Nova  by Lostpinky and Scienceguy8 [inactive as of February, 2010]
- STN: The Final Frontier 
And the list goes on and on